As you know if you read my blog from last trimester, I am reading Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. For those of you not in my English class last tri, I am still reading Incarceron. This book is basically about two separate story lines. One is of Finn who's is some guy who has no memory and just showed up in the prison one day. This is puzzling because nothing gets in or out of Incarceron.(if you are confused Incarceron is a prison.) The other story line is Claudia. she is the daughter of the warden of Incarceron and she lives on the outside where everybody is forced to act like it is the 1700's or something around that time, and they all dress like Benjamin Franklin and drink tea and ride horses. Claudia wants to see what is inside the prison and Finn just wants to leave. eventually their paths cross(but i cant explain how because I don't want to be a jerk and spoil it in case you want to read it) and Claudia is trying to help Finn and his friends escape the prison while also planning a government take over to over throw her soon to be mother-in-law of doom, Queen Sia. So yeah, she has a lot on her plate. I like this book. its full of conspiracies and mysteries that keep you reading so you can find out how one ends. But as soon as you do, another one appears. That's how they get you to keep reading it. It's diabolical.
Wow I get off topic fast. Anyway where was I? Oh yeah my opinion. I think this book is a great book to read but for every set of pros there has to be at least a few cons. The book is confusing. Really confusing. There have been many times in which I find myself re-reading pages one, two even three times just to understand what just happened. Also the story is choppy. By this i mean the perspective the story is focusing on switches in like the middle of a chapter with your only warning being a fancy gray squiggly line that pretty much says, "Hey! Guess what? New story time. Oh you liked reading the other one? Well that is to bad." This can be a major bummer when something exciting happens and the story switches right as it was getting good and you have to read the boring stuff. Whenever there is action or suspense in one viewpoint there is literally nothing going on whatsoever in the other one. All in all though I would have to give this book a 42 out of 60. If big numbers hurt your head like mine, then its a seven out of ten. 42 out of 60 justs gives the illusion that I am a wizard of math or something. Anyway see you in my next blog.
Hey Jake, great blog. Yours is actually interesting to read I unlike mine. Your book seems really interesting. Do you think I would like it? Most books don't really hold my attention, but this one seems better. Also how long is it? Thanks man.
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog post. I read this book too and I had trouble following it. I'm still not really sure about how it ends. Did you know there's a sequel? I started it but I couldn't finish it because I couldn't understand half of what was going on. But anyway, I agree completely with your opinion of the book.
ReplyDeleteI've seen this book before and it is HUGE. I like mystery and twisty-turny books, but from the mathematical score you've given it (roughly an average grade) and the fact that it sounds as choppy as a sea when it's storming, I think I'll pass.
ReplyDelete