Thursday, May 1, 2014

New Book. Finally.

     Well I know it has been a while and I'm now behind on my blogs but I just started reading a new book. I couldn't get the one I wanted so now I am going to read Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Lets be honest, I'm a little worried it will be boring since it was a mandatory book to teach last year but hey, why not? I needed a book to read so I found one. I have absolutely no idea what it is about but I can't knock it till I try it. I should probably read the back of the book. OK, I'm back and a read the back. basically there is this group of boys stranded together on an island. To me it seems like they are going to form a society, but with them being young boys and all, it is probably going to fail miserably and turn into utter chaos. I'm surprised that it actually doesn't sound like that bad of a book. in fact critics have said "a dizzy climax of terror" and "beautifully written, tragic and provocative". with reviews like that it is hard to turn my nose up at it.

      In the video embedded above, Golding is discussing Lord of the Flies and why he wrote it. I found that this gives some great insight to the way his mind works and why he wrote this book. He seems like he was an intelligent person. Unfortunately this British author passed away in 1993. I hope this is a good book and I'm sorry I ended on sort of a bum-you out kind of note but hey, the weather is getting warm so that's pretty great right? go outside, shoot some hoops or something I don't care what you do but enjoy the weather. I see you in my next blog, that is, if I'm not chilling outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment